fmerza on Salt & Pepper fmerza on Ouroboros tgotech on The Daily Anachronism: Nagoda… riverboat5 on ‘Einstein’ And The… Is Ranil Gay?… on Politics, Favours and Fag…
- 48,622 hits since May, 2009!
- One Day With A Conman February 11, 2012By Imaad Majeed Saman* has lived in Ratmalana all his life. He knows the streets like the lines on his palm, and the faces like the back of his hand. Growing up with a younger brother and his parents, Saman had little luxuries as a child. He comes from a poor family, just barely scraping [...]
- Misguided Buddhist Zealots February 4, 2012By Imaad Majeed Since the end of the conflict in 2009, a new phenomena has emerged. That of Buddha statues being erected along the A9 route that leads to Jaffna. Over 28 Buddha statues have been counted along this route since the war concluded in May 2009. The comedy of this charade (what else can [...]
- Rust Buckets That Pass For School Vans February 4, 2012By Imaad Majeed Pictures by Pavithra Jovan De Mello While the number of accidents have been increasing of late, little attention has been paid to the state of vehicles on the road. Aside from emission tests, there is no system for assessing the condition of vehicles, particularly school vans. Children are put at risk day [...]
- A Life – A Shattered Dream On The E1 February 4, 2012By Imaad Majeed Young Arosha Yeshan (26) was returning home along the southern expressway early Friday morning when tragedy struck. The car he was driving skidded off the road and crashed killing him and with it his dreams and ambitions for the future. Arosha Yeshan’s death was the first on the southern expressway since it [...]
- Illegal Treasure Hunters Caught January 21, 2012Text and Pictures by Imaad Majeed in Kurunegala Ten people were arrested last week at Wariyapola in the Kurunegala District for trespassing on private property and attempting to steal what is believed to be buried treasure, Police Spokesperson Ajith Rohana told The Sunday Leader. “The group included a staff sergeant and two army officers,” he [...]
- One Day With A Conman February 11, 2012